Bet on boxing at Betzest™
New Sportsbook and Casino. Bet on boxing at Betzest™ with best odds ! Grab welcome bonus offer $5 No deposit required! Check out and keep up-to-date with all match action as it happens via FootballBetExpert
Find Odds on any sports – Bet on Boxing at Betzest™
If you have never heard of the sport Boxing, to start off it is a combat sport where two opponents trade punches in an attempt to knock each other to the ground. The boxers are only allowed to use their hands that are wrapped on padded gloves
The sport of boxing has been closely associated to wagering from its creation. Unfortunately, they were associated a little too closely at times with a lot of allegations of fight fixing and strange officiating controversies over the years.
Boxing may not have the same glitz and glamour is it did back in the late 90’s but it is still incredibly popular, especially when a major fight is coming up. Boxing has millions of fans from around the world and with fights contested regularly, betting on boxing has become a fantastic way to pocket some money.
In this article, we have done our utmost to provide you with all of the relevant information about betting on boxing.
The nature of boxing means that there are only a limited number of betting markets compared to other sports. Six of the different types of bets found at Betzest are explained below:
- Outright Winner – Put simply, backing a fighter to beat their opponent.
- Total Rounds – With this bet, you believe that they fight will last no more than a certain number of rounds.
- Winning Method – Back a fighter to win in a certain way (by Decision, KO, TKO, DQ)
- Winning group of rounds – Backing a fighter to win within a specific trio of rounds (1-3, 4-6 etc).
- Round Betting – Bet on a fighter to win in a specific round.
Memorable Boxing Fights
Boxing has given us a lot of memorable thrills. From the Mohammed Ali VS Frazier back in 1971 to Mike Tyson taking a chunk out of Evander Holyfield’s ear in 1997, some of us can only dream of watching these fighting bouts live.
Reading about and watching videos of these unforgettable fights online is a brilliant way to get to know the history of boxing and how it has evolved over the years.
Boxing Betting Tips
When it comes to boxing, the more a punter knows about the boxers involved in the upcoming match, the better their chances of winning the wager. Below are 3 factors to take into consideration before staking your money.
- Boxer or Puncher: If a boxer as a high percentage of KO’s among their victories then they prefer to be aggressive and have very powerful punching. If the fighter has a low percentage of KO’s and prefers to go the distance to win on points, then they are defensive specialists and focus mainly on hitting their opponent and not getting hit back.
- Study Form: Always take a close look at the fighter’s recent form, have they recently lost a fight? Have they won a fight? Are they returning from a period of rest? Unbeaten records always look good on paper but do not necessarily mean they are going to win if they come up against a world class fighter.
- Physical Size and Strength: In heavyweight boxing where there are no limits on the weight of the fighters, the physical size and strength of the opponent can be too much to overcome.
It is a great time to be a fan of betting on boxing.