Basketball betting guide with Betzest
New Sportsbook and Casino. Bet on BasketBall at Betzest with best odds ! Grab welcome bonus offer $5 No deposit required! Check out and keep up-to-date with all match action as it happens via FootballBetExpert
Find Odds on any sports – Bet on Basketball
Basketball has become one of the most popular sports around the world. It is a sport that has a huge fanbase and viewers on many different basketball leagues. Basketball games are now amongst the most viewed sporting events across the globe. It has become so popular due to the NBA where fans get excited over the constant, high tempo action. Scores are more often than not in excess of 100 points per team. Bet on basketball at Betzest. They have all of the wager odds you could possibly imagine!
Basketball was invented in 1891 and become quite popular fairly quickly. The game started off with a soccer style football being thrown in to peach baskets. Basketball continued to progress in to the game we now know today. By the 20th century it had progressed so much that it become one of the most popular sports in America and throughout the world.
Basic Rules of Basketball
- 2 teams that can only have 5 players on court at any given time.
- Both teams compete to outscore one another.
- The basketball is passed or dribbled around the court. A player is not permitted to run whilst holding the ball in his hands.
- 2 points are awarded when a player scores within the opponents D zone.
- 3 points are granted when a player scores from outside of the D zone which is technically known as the 3-point line.
- Basketball consists of 4 quarters which are 20 minutes long.
- The winning team is the team that has the most points at the end of the game.
- If the teams have equal points at the end of game, then an overtime period is played to determine the winner.
- There are never any Draws in basketball.
Basketball Betting Wagers
Money Line: This is an American sports term ‘To Win’. If you are backing a team on the money then they must win for your bet to be correct.
Point Spread: This is the most popular bet on basketball at Betzest. Point spread betting is exactly the same as Handicap betting. Due to high scores in basketball, bookmakers use a spread or line to equalize the chances of either team winning a wager. You place a bet on either team to win by an advantage of a number of points.
Game Totals: This is a wager on the combined points scored during a game. Place a bet on whether the game will have more points than the number shown or less points than the number shown.
Best Basketball Bets
There are some things that you need to keep an eye out for before deciding on which team to bet on. Always take a look at their current form, which players are fittest, if a team performs better at home or on the road and last but not least, there current standing in the table.