Badminton betting guide with Betzest
Badminton is a racquet sport played using racquets to hit a shuttlecock across a net. This sport similar to Tennis that can played individually or with larger teams. The most common forms of the game are “singles” (with one player per side) and “doubles” (with two players per side)and is most popular in UK, Denmark, Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, China, Canada, and many more.
Badminton is often played as a relaxed outdoor activity in a patio or on a beach; formal games are played on a rectangular indoor court. Points are scored by hitting the shuttlecock (a feather projectile) with the racquet and landing it within the opposing side’s half of the court. The objective is keeping the shuttlecock airborne and not letting it hit the ground when it comes to your side of the net.
Each side may only hit the shuttlecock once before it passes over the net. Play ends once the shuttlecock has bump into the floor or if a fault has been called by the referee. The target of the game is to reach 21 points first, with each winning rally counting as 1 point. Each round is played in a best of three series and the first player that successfully wins two sets of 21 points/game is declared the winner of the overall game.
Badminton Betting Odds
The most common types of bets that are placed on Badminton matches are straight up bets where you pick an outright winner of the match. The odds are most commonly setup in decimal or fractional form and will display the players along with the respective odds of each winning that particular game. For example, in a match player one may have odds of 1.16 and player two may have odds of 4.62. In this example, player one is the favourite and player two is the underdog for winning the game. If you were to place a $100 bet on player one you would win an additional $116 ($216 total), if you were to bet on player two you would win $462 ($562 total). Please see below how Badminton betting odds and wagers are setup at New Sportsbook Betzest.com. Bet on Badminton at Betzest
Famous Badminton Events
Bet on Badminton at Betzest. Each year there are five large events on the Badminton circuit including a number of tournaments and special events. Below we’ve outlined each event as well as some additional information on how they work.
- Olympic Badminton:Badminton is played during the Summer Olympics and was officially inducted as an Olympic sport in the 1992 Barcelona Games where Indonesia and South Korea both took home 2 gold medals.
- German Open: The 2018 German Open is the sixth tournament of the 2018 BWF World Tourand also part of the German Open championships which has been held since 1955.
- BWF World Championships:The BWF World Championships is a Badminton tournament series that is organized and run by the BWF (Badminton World Federation). The tournament was created in 1977 with the goal of crowing the best Badminton players in the world and is currently held once every four years.
- Thomas & Uber Cup:The Thomas Cup (men’s) and Uber Cup (women’s) is a team play tournament series that was founded in 1949 and is played bi-annually every two years.
- Sudirman Cup:One of the largest tournaments in Indonesia is famous well known as the Sudirman Cupwhich is a men’s & women’s tournament played every 2 years involving doubles and mixed doubles matches.
- BWF Super Series:The last major Badminton event is the BWF Super Series, which is a singles and doubles competition that is played in 12 countries culminating in the Super Series which crowns a champion. In total, 32 players compete in the tournament for the prize pool of $200,000USD plus ranking points with the BWF. The tournament is quite recognised having been founded in 2006 but has faced large progress.
Bet on Badminton at Betzest with best odds on any sports! Grab our welcome bonus offer!